Chinese New Year starts on February 7. It’s the Year of the Rat.
Mickey and Minnie are ready.
Hong Kong Disneyland unveiled new Chinese New Year outfits for Mickey and Minnie Mouse created by designer Vivienne Tam on Monday as part of the park’s efforts to boost its appeal to Chinese tourists after a dismal second year.
Disney’s two iconic characters strutted their stuff down a red carpet _ Mickey in a bright red Mao suit and Minnie in a cherry blossom red dress with a bouquet-like bottom.
This nail salon in South Dallas wants us to know that their equipment is hygienic. Everything is SANITIZED…
My, oh my
How nicely they fry.
Daniel Finkelstein of the Times of London gives us Ten Reasons For Obama To Pick Al Gore As His Running Mate.
We can’t imagine that Gore would accept the nomination as Vice-President AGAIN, but Finkelstein’s list is interesting as a view from across the pond.
1. He brings experience to the ticket. Inexperience is Obama’s greatest weak point.
2. He represented a southern state, so he would broaden the geographical base of Obama’s campaign.
3. He would rouse the Democratic base, stoking their desire for revenge for 2000 and increasing the turnout on the Dem side. This would allow Obama to concentrate on swing voters.
4. He would bring lustre to the ticket, which could be important if facing John McCain. The Republican will not be able to boast a VP candidate who has won both an Oscar and a Nobel prize.
5. He is a good debater with an excellent track record in the VP debates.
6. He would push climate change up the agenda during the election, exposing Republican weaknesses.
7. He would bring the Democratic establishment behind Obama without him having to select Hillary.
8. He served in Vietnam, volunteering even though he opposed the war. This remains an issue and would certainly be one if McCain was the Republican candidate.
9. His record on terror and Iraq inside the Clinton White House was a good one. He would be able to deploy this to help Obama when foreign policy comes to the forefront.
10. His re-election would be exciting for the media and another first, helping the Obama bandwagon roll. No VP has run for a third term. But there is no law against it.
Photo: McNew / Getty
Mike Huckabee is truly frightening. He thinks we Americans need to become a theocracy. Here’s what he said to an audience in Michigan yesterday:
“[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it’s a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that’s what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards rather than try to change God’s standards.”
Dumber than a box of rocks.
We love making the jaunt to Jimmy’s. It’s THE BEST place in Dallas for Italian wines, cheeses, ravioli
and homemade sausage.
It’s the practice of downloading large quantities of data to an MP3 player or memory stick from a computer.
And it’s one of phrases in an online contest organised by Australia’s Macquarie Dictionary to select the Word of the Year 2007.
Here are some others:
Globesity: the problem of rising obesity around the globe
Floordrobe – the use of the floor as a substitute wardrobe
Salad Dodger: included as a term for an overweight person
Silent Disco: a disco in which all the participants wear wireless headphones to hear the music, thus eliminating noise pollution.
Bloatware: computer software that takes up a large amount of memory but has, in proportion to the space it takes up, minimal functionality.
Happy-Clappy: a member of a Christian group that favours an informal religious ceremony with audience participation, as by handclapping, and contemporary music with religious lyrics.
Password Fatigue: Frustration caused by having too many passwords and failing to remember them
Manscaping: Male grooming procedures involving the removal of body hair
Tanorexia: An obsessive desire to have tanned skin
Credit card Tart: Someone who transfers loans to a new card when the interest-free period of the first card expires
Kippers: adult children who fail to leave home – a contraction of Kids In Parents’ Pockets Eroding Retirement Savings
Man Flu; a minor cold contracted by a man who then proceeds to exaggerate the symptoms.